Shooting The Breeze Down At The Beach. Wind Waves Surfing Writing concepts Fitness Travel Lifestyle Banter. Nice of you to drop by...

30.12.05

Metal Detector Beach Rage

Metal Detector Beach Rage A fine sunny day at the beach. Suns starting to set and it’s nearly beer o’clock. Everyone’s packing their bags and gathering their gear. The sweet smell of a beach BBQ wafting by is certainly making those surfers carrying their boards from the water feel hungry. Couples walking in the shallows and dogs running around. Buts what’s this behind them, and in and amongst the leaving crowds? Yes, some deaf to the world idiot with earmuffs on, waving his silly metal detector about. Scavengers? I think so. I mean give people a chance to leave for crying out loud. Even the most honest scourers of the beach must come across really recently lost wedding rings, cash and other vital personal possessions. OK some might hand these in now and then, or help others find lost items, but in general it smacks of scrounging to me, and it’s in your face to say the least. I’m sure these metal detectors have use in historical contexts, crime and if you lost your keys yourself, but I object to them looking for my stuff, (Yes I am very forgetful! And now I’ve got a daughter to watch out for too!), right under my nose. I’d be interested to know what some people think? Do you have a metal detector? Do you scan the beach for lost jewellery? Lets hear it. Back me up or put me right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice post metal detector reviews. I was looking for some data on metal detector reviews and came across your blog. I'm really interested in finding info on metal detector reviews - pretty crucial I need it quick for my uni research project - I'm studying underwater archaeology and shipwreck salvage techniques.

If you do get a moment, perhaps you'd care to visit my new consumer related site: Consumer Reports. I'm doing it to earn a little cash to pat for my studies. Thanks!

13/4/06 7:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home