Shooting The Breeze Down At The Beach. Wind Waves Surfing Writing concepts Fitness Travel Lifestyle Banter. Nice of you to drop by...

18.4.07

UK and Irish Wavesailing Events

Here in beautiful County Kerry I'm blessed with wind, waves and the most amazing light conditions that attract artists and photographers from world over. Unusually though, since St. Patrick’s weekend in fact, there's been little wind and only small surf. That weekend I judged at the Irish Windsurfing Association windsurfing competition, who kindly invited me on hearing one of the PWA and UK judges had moved to their stunning country.
I also missed the best conditions in 5 years to sit in the van and watch everyone else enjoy themselves. It is with almost total disbelief that, on checking the forecasts, I now see waves and wind approach from the west... It really does look as if both the UKWA and IWA will be lucky with great conditions as they roll into town, (Castlegregory), for their back to back wavesailing events starting this Monday. Guess who's judging both contests?
I must try not to be negative but I admit it's a struggle. I love others having fun, and I love to see the high standard of the pro's, the enthusiasm of the amateurs, but, once a wind addict you're always an addict, and to remain captive in a vehicle on the beach just feels unnatural.
Of course Karma will save the day, and hopefully it won't mean the others suffer a windless event just because I don't want to miss out. Maybe we'll have so much wind I'll get a chance to sail anyway? Let's wait and see eh?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home