Shooting The Breeze Down At The Beach. Wind Waves Surfing Writing concepts Fitness Travel Lifestyle Banter. Nice of you to drop by...

2.5.07

PWA Event in Korea

Just a few days to go until I'm covering the PWA Slalom 42 event in Korea. The event Preview PR I wrote went out today at the PWA website.

It's a new event for the PWA, and a new location for me to visit too. I've spent a lot of time in Asia, mainly in China and Hong Kong when I worked as the Marketing manager for Gaastra sails. But, I've never been to Korea and am looking forward to it.

The conditions sound great for racing, and with a decent holding period I'm sure we'll see the full 15 races allowed completed.

As Jinha Beach enjoys regular trade winds, not strong I’m led to believe, but moderate racing friendly breeze, we will probably have a relaxed schedule compared to wind-ravaged sites like Pozo in Gran Canaria.

My guess is that the event will see us complete just a couple of races a day, and, as the entry list is not that big due to the travel expense for most competitors from the US or Europe, the rounds should be fired off pretty quick.

Apparently there are only around 30 men’s entrants. There may be more locals tempted if there is space, plus there is an amateur event overlapping the PWA event so some people my stay on from the Asian Windsurfing Tour competition.

Who knows? Maybe there'll be time for some sailing for the PWA crew? I hope so...

Anyhow, I'll be running my usual live event ticker, and outputting daily news summaries which will be posted at the PWA site and mailed to their media list.

Be sure to check the ticker for the latest news and results, and also the live elimination ladder I update during the action.

Rest assured, if anything happens that you ought to know about you'll find it posted here or there!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home