Shooting The Breeze Down At The Beach. Wind Waves Surfing Writing concepts Fitness Travel Lifestyle Banter. Nice of you to drop by...

4.3.08

To Bet Or Not To Bet - Is That The Question?

Whether you choose to agree or disagree on the moral issue of pro surf tour betting, the reality is that the bookies have ducked into the market with odds being offered on various ASP events, and prices being posted for the WCT world title too. Within life in general, surfers can be some of the most radical gamblers regarding when or where they choose to go or which waves to paddle into. However some surfers are some of the most calculated athletes on earth who leave as little to chance as possible in pursuit of their ultimate pleasure. Of course the calculated value-hunting punters are usually the most successful, but I reckon there’s a real market in producing valuable insight, punditry and analysis of these remarkable sportsmen. But funnily enough people can be obsessed with form without ever even having to splash out a penny. In fact recently I’ve been pumping out form guides for the pro windsurfing tour, which I’d now hope could be a great resource for anyone thinking of opening up the market to betting on professional windsurfing. In fact, you can check out my 2008 season preview just published in the UK’s Boards magazine. Who knows, one of these days you might be tempted to lay the odd bet here and there if you spot the bookies have priced someone a little cheaply compared to my predictions! But we’ll have to wait and see if my calls are any good first…

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

7/4/08 7:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home