Shooting The Breeze Down At The Beach. Wind Waves Surfing Writing concepts Fitness Travel Lifestyle Banter. Nice of you to drop by...

22.1.08

Scriptaculous

After wanting to do some TV script work for ages I suddenly received two back-to-back requests for last-minute work. First Tonix Pictures wanted a DVD commentary for a PWA World Tour Season review title they’re releasing soon, and then TV production company Friday02 needed a 12th hour script for their weekly extreme sports round up programme IEXTV. Having worked on the PWA (Windsurfing) World Tour all of last season, I found the Tonix gig a lot easier. So, the real challenge came with the IEXTV job, which wanted me to look at action from other sports relying on the information provided by the relevant sporting bodies.
It certainly opened my eyes up to the value of the work I output at the PWA as Press Writer. I have to say I learned a few things about what these valuable ‘sneezers’ who publicise a sport need to have in the toolkit we provide them.
But it also made me proud as I felt some other sports are not doing that much or making it that easy for journalists to promote their sport, tour or sponsors as windsurfing does.
Anyway, Friday said they were happy with the job and hopefully there’ll be more work in the pipeline. If not. I’m more equipped to make the external press’s life easier when the PWA tour starts back up in March.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home